Thursday, February 23, 2012
The "Go-Straight-To-Your-Thighs" Strawberry Creme Oreo Brownies
These super indulgent rich fudgy chocolate brownies with chocolate chips and strawberry creme oreo cookies are perfect for one of those days when you are feeling a little blue and have a persistent craving for chocolates and everything sweet. I guarantee these brownies will hit the spot and make you feel just that little bit better. And hard as it may be, resist the temptation of having seconds as these brownies will just head straight for those thighs.
You can use your favourite brownies recipe or even brownies mix, and just add oreos to it. I used strawberry creme oreo cookies for this recipe which I absolutely love, but normal crème oreo would just be as good.
Strawberry Creme Oreo Brownies
250g good quality dark chocolate, cut into chunks
250g unsalted butter
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
230g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g chocolate chips
2 packets of strawberry creme oreos
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Line 32x24cm baking pan with baking paper.
3. Stir dark chocolate and butter in double boiler over simmering water until smooth.
4. Remove from heat and allow chocolate mixture to cool slightly.
5. Beat eggs and caster sugar in electric mixer on medium-high speed until thick and pale.
6. Reduce speed to low, add vanilla and cooled chocolate mixture. Beat to combine.
7. Stir flour and salt into chocolate mixture with whisk or spatula until just combine (do not overmix).
8. Stir in chocolate chips.
9. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
10. Arrange a layer of oreos over the top.
11. Spread the remaining batter over the oreos.
12. Place pan on lowest oven shelf and bake for 20-35 minutes.
The brownies is ready when there is a firm-looking crust on top and when a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out wet and chocolately. Place pan on wire rack and cool completely.
Brownies can be store in airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Labels: Squares and Slices