2.29.2012

Moist Apple Cake



I can't remember the last time I had apple cake and I think I can probably count with one hand the number of times I actually had apple cake. Then out of the blue last week, I thought to myself, I really could do with a piece of apple cake.

This lovely and simple apple cake is adapted from the apple cake recipe from the Cook Eat Love blog. The cake is very moist and smells AMAZING!

Moist Apple Cake
(recipe adapted from Cook Eat Love)

Ingredient
1 cup caster sugar (plus 1/4 cup for coating the apples)
125g unsalted butter, soft
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
170g block low fat cream cheese
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
1 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
A squeeze of lemon

1. Preheat oven to 180C.

2. Line 18cm cake tin with baking paper. (I skipped this step because I used a non-stick tin with removable base)

3. Beat 1 cup sugar, butter, vanilla essence and cream cheese with an electric mixer until well combine.


4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.


5. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture and mix with hand whisk or spatula until well incorporated.

6. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Coat chopped apple with 2 tablespoon of the sugar and cinnamon mixture.

7. Stir chopped apple mixture into batter.


8. Pour batter into cake tin.


9. Coat sliced apple with 1 tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon mixture.

10. Arrange the slice apples on top of the cake. And sprinkle remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture over cake.


11. Baked for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and when a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.

Join the conversation!

  1. Anonymous4.3.12

    This cake was soooo good! Can't wait to make it myself, thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

the 'gram

© Cakelets & Doilies.