10.12.2011

Baked Eggs with Chorizo


I have been craving for the Baked Eggs with Chorizo at the Tiger Tiger Coffee Bar lately. Unfortunately they only served that for breakfast, which means that I have to either wake up super early to go there for breakfast before work or take an early lunch (aka mid morning) break. Both options are not so great for me.

So I decided to try and make my own. I'm actually quite pleased with the result, which tasted almost similar, if not the same, as the original thing. I definitely will be making this again.


Baked Eggs with Chorizo
Serves 2
1 chorizo sausage, cut in slices
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g can italian peeled whole tomatoes
4 eggs

1. Mash sliced sausage with a fork.
2. Heat oil in pan, and cook onion and garlic until soft.
3. Add tomato and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and stir in sausage.
5. Cook until mixture reduces and thickens.
6. Season with salt.
7. Preheat oven to 180C.
8. Divide tomato mixture among 2 ovenproof remekins or tapas dishes.
9. Carefully crack 2 eggs over top.
10. Bake until eggs are just set.
11. Serve with bread.

Join the conversation!

the 'gram

© Cakelets & Doilies.