Monday, July 9, 2012

Voyager Estate

J and I had lunch at Voyager Estate in Margaret River about 2 weeks ago to celebrate my birthday. It does take a bit of a drive to get there- 3 hours from Perth. But it was nice to spend the day out and indulged in our favourite activity (enjoying good food).

The Voyager Estate is such a pretty place, especially in summer when the roses are in full bloom and the vines are green and luscious. It is winter now in Perth, so the roses and vines have been trimmed to be ready for the next season.

The restaurant and wine room are located in a beautiful white Cape Dutch style architecture building. The building is just picture perfect with its manicure garden and vineyard, and makes me feel as if I'm in an English countryside.




Once seated comfortably in the grand but cozy restaurant, we got straight down to business to decide on what we wanted to eat.


For entree, I decided on the tomato and saffron broth with seasonal seafood and charred bread.


J had the twice-baked gruyere and spinach soufflé garlic croutons beetroot salad and green olive dressing.


For main course, I had the sour cream pastry tart with maple syrup-roasted pumpkin, toasted cashew nuts, rocket pesto and Persian fetta. This is such a simple dish but really delicious. I think I might attempt to remake this at home.


J had the day's special for the main course. I can't remember what it was exactly now. I think it was snapper with some sort of pear puree.


We shared a side dish of warm red cabbage with walnut salad, white balsamic and grilled haloumi. Again, this is such a simple dish but the flavours just go so well together.


For dessert, we shared a caramelised apple arancini with cranberry & cinnamon semifreddo. I don't care very much for this dish because I prefer a cold refreshing dessert after a meal. The aranicini is deep fried and warm, which was just too heavy for me. However J thought that it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment