Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sayers

We had attempted to have breakfast/brunch at Sayers several times, but it was always packed and we always ended up going somewhere else instead.

So yesterday, we decided to wake up extra early to beat the crowd at Sayers. We arrived at 9am and the cafe was already packed. Fortunately, we managed to grab the last table near to the entrance. We couldn't believe our luck!

There was already a huge buildup at the queue to order the food. It took us at least 15 minutes at the queue and another 15 minutes for the food to arrive. The coffee came out first, and it was nothing spectacular, and in fact a little disappointing. Did I wake up early for this? I thought.

The food came out a while later. It looked impressive. It was only after taking a bite into the rosti that I realised why Sayers is so popular. The food is good!


I had the potato rosti, poached eggs, bacon, onion jam, lemon scented wilted spinach. The poached eggs were a little overdone, but the potato rosti was delicious.


J had the charred sweet corn and pecorino cheese croquette, poached eggs, beetroot leaf and bearnaise. The pecorino cheese croquette was AMAZING! I love it so much that I was willing to swap two bites of my potato rosti for one bite of J's croquette. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I've had the rosti before, it is good! Especially with the onion jam! J's brekky looks amazing, like one big arancini ball! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete