Sunday, September 25, 2011

Genesis in the Hills

It was one of those rare Sundays where we had nothing planned for the day. So we decided to take a drive in the hills and also take the opportunity to try out the vegetarian café/restaurant, Genesis in the Hills, located in Roleystone about 45mins drive from Perth.


I had the Shakshuka- baked eggs on sauce of tomato and onion served in a pan, complete with two slice of the cafe's full grain bread.


J had the Big Breakfast.


Genesis in the Hills is a nice place to enjoy a casual breakfast/lunch or afternoon tea, especially during summer. I like how the cafe/restaurant seems to be hidden away behind the trees and bushes, almost like a secret that is shared only by the locals. The breakfast is simple and healthy (aka almost guilt free). However we are disappointed with the coffee which is too weak to our liking.

I don’t think I will make an effort to come here again for brunch. However if I’m in the area, I will definitely come back for the cakes, especially the Baklava...

No comments:

Post a Comment